A list of 7 things that piqued my interest over the past couple of weeks.
- Duolingo – This app helps you learn another language. They teach you to write words, to pronounce words, and to translate it back and forth from English to whatever language you want to learn. Another great thing about it is that you can use the app online on duolingo.com! Oh and did I mention that it’s absolutely free? I’ve been trying to learn French, and now I know over 100 words (I’ve still got a long way to go). You can study French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, etc! You can even study more than 4 languages at the same time. Forget about temple run, this app is super fun and you actually get something out of it.
- Bibliographica – This store on Etsy sells handmade books that are just exquisite. I can’t stress how often I visit this shop to marvel on how unique and how handsome all the books are. The artist makes use of different kinds of leather, linen, thread, paper, buttons, charms, and trinkets, which leaves every notebook so beautiful I could faint. I never actually bought anything from the shop, though. It is a little pricey, however I have noticed that the prices went down compared to the past. One day, I’ll get a notebook…one day.
- The Lomo’Instant Camera by Lomography – A new camera is on the way! As the name suggests, it is another instant camera with many amazing features — wide angle lens, fish eye lens, portrait lens, color filters, unlimited multiple exposures, and infinite long exposures. The film for this camera is the widely used Fujifilm Instax Mini Film. It is still in production, and you can pre-order it on the Lomography website. I am really excited for it to come out! It is the perfect camera for daily adventures with a group of friends, and it will make memorable pictures on anyone’s scrapbooks.
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – It just gets bigger and better. Diagon Alley and the new Gringotts ride just opened in Florida! Man oh man, one day I will go back there and go on all the rides and eat every single thing I once imagined in the book. Hopefully, next time I will be able to go there with my sister, Trina, who luckily has the same Spring break as me. Also, the Wizarding World recently opened in Tokyo, Japan! I’ve always wanted a wizarding world in Asia!
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – This is a fairly new TV series about detectives in Brooklyn. It is really funny and it reminded me of The Office a couple of times, but better. Unlike Suits or detective shows, this TV series requires less thinking and more laughing. If you have had a hard time following or analyzing what’s happening in other TV series, then this could be a good change for you. If you want to have a good time on a cold Friday night, I suggest that you get in your pajamas, sip that hot cocoa, and watch this show. You’re in for a good laugh.
- Begin Again – This movie came and went without many people noticing it in my town mall. After a week of showing, it was removed from the list of movies, and the reason escapes me. This is one of the best movies I watched all year. I loved so many things about this movie — from the soundtrack, to the shots, to the story. The director is John Carney, the same guy who directed the musical Once (the musical that won 8 Tony Awards). The actors are Keira Knightly (I didn’t know she could sing!), Mark Ruffalo, James Corden, and Adam Levine (another reason to like this movie). I hope I don’t set your expectations too high, but I think you might enjoy it.
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers – This is a historical romance book that takes place around the 1850s. This fiction is based on the book of Hosea from the Bible. It is about a girl who was sold into prostitution and who was persistently sought after by a man of God whose name is Michael Hosea. It is one of the few Christian fiction books I absolutely fell in love with. I devoured it in 3 days with my soul uplifted. Francine Rivers is a marvelous storyteller; I bought her trilogy called Mark of the Lion and finished those in no time as well.
Thanks for catching up with me!
What has caught your attention these past couple of weeks? Have you watched, read or seen anything good? Have you listened to any good songs?