Here is a list of 7 things that inspired me or put a smile on my face in the last two weeks.
- Alexa Meade – Her work is amazing. Alexa Meade is an artist who turns real people into works of art. She paints her living subjects and makes them go through photo shoots where they will end up with photos that will make you believe that the people are merely but paintings.
- Baby Yulo Cheesecake & Strawberry Shortcake – I cannot stress how happy I felt when I ate the Cheesecake (Php 1,200) and the Strawberry Shortcake (Php 1,500). Le gâteau est parfait! It was not too sweet. It was light, and it was fluffy. The cakes are homemade in Makati, Philippines. You have to call to make your order, and you have to drive to her house to get the cakes.
Address: Pick-up is at 19 Kalayaan St., North Forbes, Makati City.
Contact Numbers: 810-8078, 812-4961
- Soundtrack of Guardians of the Galaxy – After watching the movie, my sisters and I went on Spotify and started listening to the 70’s soundtrack of the mix tapes. Get your groove on.
- Avery Loafer by Sperry Topsider – This pair is just gorgeous. I never owned loafers before, and after setting eyes on this one, I just couldn’t resist. Imagine all the outfits you could wear!
- Alunsina Handbound Books – My boyfriend, Jared, got me a beautiful hand bound book with my name engraved on it. For the book, Alunsina used cowhide leather, buckles, ivory paper, and stitching styles that are sure to make bibliophiles swoon. After taking my bookbinding class, I have found an appreciation for hand bound books. I just love how a person can put so much love and care into creating a journal that can hold one’s travels, memories, drawings, dreams, and hopes. It makes it all the more special.
- Typography of Noel Shively – This guy combines pictures and letters to create inspirational prints. I follow his blog and his Instagram, and it is just uplifting to see his posts every now and then. I always find encouragement, hope, inspiration, and challenges in them.
- Emma Watson’s Protest – Emma Watson made me smile when she took a picture of herself laughing out on the street right after the Turkish politician said that women should not laugh in public. Go Emma and to all those women who laughed their faces off in public!
What inspired you? What made you smile?